Thursday, 23 February 2017

Botanical Card

Welcome to my blog!
Today I am sharing a card that was selected to be published in the current issue
of Creative Scrapbooker Magazine. I was thrilled as this was the first time
I had a project published in this amazing magazine.

I was inspired by the Tim Holtz Botanical Sketch stamp from Stampers Anonymous.

I started with a piece of cold-pressed watercolour paper that was larger than my stamp.
I stamped and embossed my image with clear, fine detail embossing powder.
Before I moved on to next step I tore post it note into a rough circle to mask off the centre.

Next I took my Color Burst Pigments from Ken Oliver and sprinkled these over the embossed image.

A few sprites of water and the pigments burst to life. I love this!

I removed the mask and used a watercolour brush to fill in the centre with Yellow Ochre Color Burst.

I dried the background with my heat tool before stamping 'Mom' on to the front the card.

Tuesday, 21 February 2017

Hipster Birthday Card

The move is done and everything is unpacked. 
**insert happy dance here**
I worked at lightning fast speed because I couldn't wait to start playing 
with my new Distress Oxides & Hipster stamps.

I just so happened to need a masculine birthday card and the 
Hipster Monkey was perfect!

My most favourite tool at the moment is the Misti. I can now get a
perfect stamped image on cold-pressed watercolour paper.

Now that I had a nice crisp image, I was ready to use my Distress Markers
to add some watercolour. For this one I used Wilted Violet, Hickory Smoke, Lucky Clover, Ground Espresso & Walnut Stain.

I applied a Thin layer of Distress Micro Glaze to my watercolour image to
protect it for my next step.

For my background I chose Wilted Violet Distress Ink and Vintage Photo 
& Broken China Distress Oxide.

I applied these colours to my craft sheet and spritzed with some water before laying
 my card in the inks. I repeated laying the card in the ink a few times & using my heat tool to dry
in between.

I absolutely love the oxidized effect of the new Distress Inks. Its gorgeous!

To finished off my background I used my ink blending tool to apply some black Dylusions paint through a couple of layering stencils. I stamped my sentiment words on some scrap watercolour paper: trimmed it out and inked the edges. I attached the words to the card with some dimensional foam adhesive.
I am definitely a fan of the Distress Oxides and can't wait to play with them some more!

Monday, 13 February 2017

My One True Love......Wanderlust Week 6

Hello to all my crafty friends!
It has been a busy time in Paradise. My husband & I are in the process of moving back to
Calgary. There has been lots of packing and driving which has left little time for crafting & creating.

I did manage to find a little this weekend to get caught up on my Wanderlust adventure and now have a 2 page art journal spread to share - just in time for Valentines Day.

The teacher for Week 6 was Amanda Grace. Her style is refreshing and very enlightening - I hope that one day I can use my art journaling to express my deepest thoughts and feelings in such a beautifully raw way as she does. This week was an exploration of textures and techniques while at the same time creating a love letter to my husband.

My page ended up being a bit messy but in the spirit of "embracing imperfection" I left it - blobs of ink, spelling mistakes and all.


submitted to the following challenges: