Friday 23 September 2016

Beautiful Moments - Mixed Media Layout


If you get a chance to head out to Spruce Meadows and take in the show - there are lots of vendors, demo's & make & takes.

Here is a mixed media layout I designed using products from 3 vendors that be at the Carnival this weekend: Southern Ridge Trading Co, Emerald Creek Craft Supplies & Treasured Memories.

The amazing background paper is an exclusive line from Treasured Memories. 
It is gorgeous and includes florals, travel & vintage.

Karen from Southern Ridge Trading Co is a chipboard die & stencil manufacturer from Kamloops. Her products are fantastic and there are hundreds of designs!
I also used some charms & embossing powder from Emerald Creek.

Now on to the steps -

To start, I spread a layer of matte medium of the paper to protect it from the paint, gesso & 3D gel I would be using.

Next, I applied a coat of clear gesso to give the base some grip.

To start adding some texture I spread some crazing medium and random spots. 

I used some 3D gloss gel and stencils to add some more texture but not take away from the background paper. Once everything was dry I used my black soot Distress Crayon around the edges. 
I splattered some watered down white gesso & black gesso on my layout and finally dripped some Twinkling H20's.


I altered the chipboard pieces with Distress Paint and Twinkling H2O's. I also added some Burnt Copper Leaves Embossing Powders to the mushroom chipboard pieces.

I added a tiny porcelain flower to my faerie flower.

I added the Emerald Creek Faerie charm to the sentiment chipboard die with a jump ring.




Products used:


Southern Ridge Trading Co Chipboard

Emerald Creek Craft Supplies
Burnt Copper Leaves Embossing Powders
Faerie Charms

Distress Paint
Distress Crayons
Twinking H2O's
Matte Medium
Clear Gesso
Black Gesso
White Gesso
3D Gloss Gel

Tim Holtz Layering Stencils




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!