Thursday 23 February 2017

Botanical Card

Welcome to my blog!
Today I am sharing a card that was selected to be published in the current issue
of Creative Scrapbooker Magazine. I was thrilled as this was the first time
I had a project published in this amazing magazine.

I was inspired by the Tim Holtz Botanical Sketch stamp from Stampers Anonymous.

I started with a piece of cold-pressed watercolour paper that was larger than my stamp.
I stamped and embossed my image with clear, fine detail embossing powder.
Before I moved on to next step I tore post it note into a rough circle to mask off the centre.

Next I took my Color Burst Pigments from Ken Oliver and sprinkled these over the embossed image.

A few sprites of water and the pigments burst to life. I love this!

I removed the mask and used a watercolour brush to fill in the centre with Yellow Ochre Color Burst.

I dried the background with my heat tool before stamping 'Mom' on to the front the card.






1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!