Sunday 31 December 2017

Happy New Year Trinket Box

Happy New Year! 
I'm not one to make (or keep) resolutions but this week I'll be sharing to projects 
that will (I hope) help me keep 2 of my resolutions.  
My first resolution is to take a moment each day to reflect on something 
I'm grateful for and to write it down. 

- My first project - 

I recently received 3 new Sizzix dies - the Trinket Box (662360);  Bookplate, 
Hinges & Label (662356); Floral Arch & Words (662357) - all from designer Eileen Hull.
I die cut out the pieces for the trinket box using mat board, black cardstock and pattern paper from the Kaisercraft Glisten Collection.

I created a shaker box for the window using the bookplate die (662356) 
I used the same die to cut out 2 pieces of craft foam. The background of the shaker box is Gold Kraft-Core. I then filled my shaker box with silver stars and a couple of different kinds of chunky gold glitters. It's all very sparkly. I topped it off with a piece of acetate then attached it to the inside of the box cover.

Here is the inside of the front cover and the back of the shaker box.
The quote chip is layered over two pieces of  metallic kraft-core die cut with the label die from the Bookplate set (662356).

I made 3 accordion booklets for my trinket box.
I took 3 strips of white cardstock - 3.75" x 12" and scored them at 3", 6" & 9". 

To finish off the front of my box I die cut 2 floral arches (662357) from Gold Kraft-Core.
I took an enameled tag and stamped 2018 on it using black Staz-On. I glued 2 metal washers to the back of the tag before attaching it to the front of the box. A loop of elastic cording
 holds my box closed.

Click on the video below to see a video of the project.


1 comment:

  1. I really love this project. What a fabulous idea! That shaker front is so cool. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!