Wednesday 13 April 2016

Mosaic Heart ~ My Tim Tag April 2016

I'm here to share my take on Tim's Tag Remix for this month. I wasn't sure about the whole mosaic thing but when I was able to get my hands on the Distress Paper Mosaic Kit. I decided to give it a go.

Check out Tim's blog for all the instructions here 

My first tag was a direct copy following Tim's. I really love the Distress Woodgrain cardstock - the fine details of the texture is amazing!

While I was waiting for my mosaic layers to dry I was thinking of some ideas for another tag ~ and I decided that I would try some hearts from the Sizzix Heartfelt die.

I liked how they turned out so I made tag base using cardstock covered in gesso then sprayed with Prima Color Bloom in Boysenberry.
I added some Ground Espresso Ink with my blending tool to the edges of my tag and it just made the boysenberry look so much richer.
I added another layer with the Ringer layering stencils from Tim Holtz. 
Its my new favourite stencil!

A few rub-ons, paper scraps and cheesecloth and my tag was complete!





1 comment:

  1. Love your background Julia, such rich colours and the mosaic hearts are just lovely! I haven't invested in the mosaic kit as of yet but you are making me rethink that decision! Thanks for sharing your April Tim tag, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!