Wednesday 23 March 2016

Playing With Crayons - Tim Tag March 2016

I was beyond excited when my Distress Crayons arrived last week but was so busy I didn't have a chance to start playing with them until yesterday. Well, let me say they were worth the wait. 
After a bit of play time on random paper - with some success and some hot messes -  I jumped into the creation of my Tim Tag for March.


Here is Tim's gorgeous tag

I realized that after I die cut the corrugated cardboard & the base tag that most of the 
details would be covered up - note to self: better pre-planning.

The Distress Crayons blend beautifully on a surface prepped with
 gesso - so smooth and easy to blend. 

I wasn't happy with the blank space that would be showing through the feather on the right so I decided to add a stamp. I also stamped the corrugated layer so it would line up with the image on the bottom layer.

My brad embellishment is a Flower Wheel Brad  from Emerald Creek. I rubbed  the Mermaid Lagoon Distress Crayon over the brad and used my fingertip to push the crayon into the grooves. I really like how it turned out. 


Challenges Entered:

6 comments:

  1. Love it! Those colours are AMAZING! Need to get going on my tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think this is successful play time and awesome sauce! It's better than the original and looks like you had a fun time. Great color choices and those feathers are a breath of fresh air. Fantabulous! Hugz. ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tag!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag turned out great..LOVE ....love!!!!.Your use of the feathers was very different...and I love Tim's stamp on your tag....that is a great stamp! Your colors look so vibrant through the cut outs! NICE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your interpretation of Tim's tag Julia, the stamping over and under the corrugated layer was a brilliant idea! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!