Wednesday 23 November 2016

Grandma's Roses

Hello! Today I am here to share a layout I made featuring a photo of my 
Grandma when she was a teenager.

I bought this sheet of paper from Treasured Memories during the Great Canadian Scrapbook Carnival in September. It is part of their exclusive dark edged paper line.

I also used some Fancy Frame chipboard and some tiny paper roses from Southern Ridge Trading Co.

First I coated the paper with matte medium. Once that was dry I applied a coat of clear gesso over the entire surface. (not shown). While I waited for this to dry I prepped my chipboard frames.

I began by painting the frames with two coats of Victorian Velvet Distress paint.

Next I tapped my Clear Embossing Ink pad over the surface of each frame and covered with Burnt Copper Leaves Embossing Powder from Emerald Creek Craft Supplies. Before heating the embossing powders I rubbed off some of it off so it exposed some of the pink paint underneath.

Next I took some of my white gesso and applied some on over a portion of my paper
 using a palette knife.

After the gesso had dried I applied some Distress Crazing Medium over the gesso. 
My next step here was to take some Distress paints in browns, grey and black and use my finger to apply it over the cracks left by the crazy medium.

Next I took a background stamp, some embossing ink & some Distress Powder in Aged Mahogany to add another texture over the focal area.


Just before assembling my focal point I decided to splatter some paint over the background too.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!