Wednesday 14 December 2016

Watercolour Christmas Card

Hello friends! I am here today to post a quick Christmas card I made this week.
December kind of snuck up on me and I had to get a dozen cards Christmas made and mailed in about 24 hours. 

I had found some inspiration on Pinterest - check out this gorgeous Christmas Tree card from Branch Studio.

Here is one of my finished cards:

I knew that if wanted a dozen cards done as quickly as possible that painting a tree with watercolour freehand was not going to work - I'm too much of a perfectionist. 

I decided to use my Mini Woodland Stencil from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous and Color Burst in Pthalo Green. I used some painters tape to tape off the stencil image that I wanted to use.

I sprinkled a little bit of the Pthalo Green powder over the image.

A couple sprays of water and those gorgeous blue/green colours just come alive!

After removing the stencil I took a fine brush and  pushed the colours around until I was happy with it. I love this technique because every card turned out a bit different.

After the tree dried I added some grey paint to look like snow & shadows. Then splattered the cards with blues, yellows & reds.

A couple hours later and I had a 16 backgrounds ready to be made into cards.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!