Saturday 31 December 2016

Beach Themed Mini Album

Hello my crafty peeps!
 Here we are at the end of 2016 and I managed to get one final blog post in.
This project was near and dear to my heart. 
It is a mini album filled with wonderful memories from my sister's recent 
beach wedding in Cabo San Lucas.
My sister & I on her wedding day - Dec 1 Cabo San Lucas
I had this Altered Art Box from Graphic 45 and paired it with 2 packs of paper from Ella & Vi. The Vintage Backgrounds & Just Beachy collections worked so well together to create this album.

I started by painting the Box a turquoise colour to match the colour of the bridesmaids dresses.
I covered the outside & inside of the box with papers from the paper packs.

I used some wooden starfish from Southern Ridge Trading Co that I first painted with Dried Marigold Distress Paint then sprinkled with Distress Embossing Powder in Antique Linen.
The seahorse & sand-dollar dies from Sizzix were perfect additions.

The Graphic 45 Art Box came with an accordion album but I built my own chipboard album to fit inside the box.

The papers from the Just Beachy Collection are absolutely gorgeous!


I added some distress to the edges of all the pages with some sand paper.

I added the photos on each page in a cascade. It was an easy way to get a lot of photos in this album.

A few pockets on some pages made it easy to slip in a few photo collages.

My sister & her new husband loved the album when I gave it to them at Christmas. I left some room for them to add some more photos & space to write in their own memories.








3 comments:

  1. Wow, the album is stunning and such a wonderful and thoughtful gift for your sister. Love the papers too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anne! I am so happy to have you following my blog. You have been a great inspiration for me for a long time. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous Julia!! Happy New Years!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!