Wednesday 8 March 2017

Distress Oxide + Art Journal

Welcome to my blog! 
Today I have an art journal page to share with you - using Distress Oxide Inks.
These pages are in an old Calculus Textbook from the 1950's that I made into a journal.

I first prepped my pages by  applying  a light layer of gesso.
Next I used molding paste with a Carabelle Studio stencil.

Once the molding paste was completely dry I started to apply my Distress Oxides.
I first put some Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink on my craft sheet then used my water brush to loosely and liberally apply the colour over parts of the stenciled image.

I sprayed the ink while at the same time drying it with my heat tool. I did the same technique again but this time with Faded Jeans Distress Oxide Ink.

I used up the leftover ink from my craft sheet by splattering it over the pages.
Lastly I added the Creativity Quote stamp from Darkroom Door.


This was a pretty quick and fun journal page to do and I love the way the Distress Oxides turned out.


1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!