Thursday 2 March 2017

Distress Oxide + Perfect Pearls = Follow Your Heart Card

Hello & welcome to March!
It's time to start thinking about spring - gardening, listening to the birds,
 warm days. I can't wait!

I created this card while thinking warm spring thoughts...

I am really loving the new Distess Oxides from Ranger Ink and thought it would be fabulous to pair them up with Perfect Pearls. A little shimmer is always nice.

I started with a 4.25"x 5.5|" piece of cold-pressed watercolour paper.
I decided to use a small piece of acetate to apply my inks to the paper.
I pressed my stamp pad to the acetate then gave it a couple spritzes of water.

After applying the Spiced Marmalade I added the Fossilized Amber & Perfect Pearls.

The stamped image is from Carabelle Studio and to get a sharp stamped image I used my Misti. I think I stamped it 3 times in total. The words are from the Chit Chat stickers book from Tim Holtz Idea-ology. I added some Hickory Smoke Distress Marker around the words to add a bit of dimension.

Check out that fabulous shimmer. I will definitely be using my Perfect Pearls with the Distress Oxides again.


1 comment:

  1. LOVE the combination of the Oxides and Perfect Pearls, gorgeous Julia! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!