Tuesday 28 March 2017

Get Distracted & Celebrate

Today was the first day in almost a week that I felt like getting creative. I have been fighting off a nasty cold/flu and it was a doozy. To get myself back into a creative groove I decided grab my Distraction Journal.

Click on the photo below to see how I created this journal.

I flipped through my journal, chose these 2 pages and gathered up some materials: Dylusions paints & mini layering stencils.

I applied some stenciled images randomly over both pages. At this point I had no idea where this was going - I was just enjoying the process.

I am really enjoying using mask & silhouette stencils at the moment but I only one set and it was too big to use for these 7"x 5" pages so I decided to make my own. I used a piece of acetate packaging that I had been saving and my Butterfly Duo die from Sizzix.

I used Black Marble Dylusions Paint & a foam applicator with my die cut stencils. I then used some bright Distress Crayons to apply a bit colour to the edges of the butterflies.

I chose the Celebrate Life sentiment from a Dina Wakely Stamp Set to use and the Picket Fence Distress Ink worked great over the black paint. 

To finish off my page I used extra fine point Sharpies in pink & purple to trace the outline of the butterflies and add some splatters.

Creative juices restored! I'm back and ready to get crafty.


Submitted to:


3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you have been feeling under the weather, hope you are back to full health soon! Those butterflies certainly make a wonderful impact against the black background - loving the splatters too! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the colors pop with all that black!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're feeling better. It's never fun to be sick. I love your journal page what a fun technique. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!