Tuesday 14 March 2017

Be The Rainbow....art journal

Welcome to my blog! You came on a great day - I have an art journal entry to share.
This one started with a quote - Be The Rainbow In Someone Else's Cloud.
This is my mantra every day.



I started by directly applying the ink by running the Distress Oxide ink pads horizontally across both pages. I spritzed with some water while drying with my heat tool. Pretty simple and really fast.

Next I took a brand new to me Silhouette & Mask Stencil from Dyan Reaveley & Ranger. I love these! They are so versatile and so much fun.
I used the stencil on the left page and layered the images. Then I used the largest sized mask on the right page and applied black Dylusions paint over the entire page.

I stamped my sentiment on the right hand page by using Versamark black ink over the image and Distress Oxide ink over the black paint. I absolutely love how these inks show up over the the dark background.


I finished off my pages by using my Dylusions white paint pen to outline the figures and drawing some lines around the page on the right side.


2 comments:

  1. Oooh, gorgeous colours on your beautiful page Julia and the sentiment is wonderful! The white edging is such a lovely touch, it really makes the images 'pop'! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pages are just perfection! I remember the first time I took black and painted over some of my colorful detail work...it kind of freaked me out, at first, but when I saw the results...what fun it became!!! This one, though...just over the TOP!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!