Wednesday 18 October 2017

Tim Holtz Tag Swap

Hello my crafty friend!
I was fortunate enough to get in on a worldwide Tag Swap for
 Tim Holtz Addicts earlier this month. 
I was matched up with 2 lovely & super talented artists ~ 
Juli (from Florida) and Kathryn (from the UK). Now that they have
received their tags I can finally share them.

These tags involved a lot of layers so bear with me - 

I started with 2 - #5 tags from Ranger. I used the smoosh technique to apply Distress Stains - Squeezed Lemonade & Ripe Persimmon.
Next I started applying Distress Oxides - 
Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide

Wild Honey Distress Oxide

Fired Brick Distress Oxide

Peeled Paint Distress Oxide

Walnut Stain Distress Oxide

I was happy with my tags but wanted to add some more green to one and orange to the other.

On this tag I added some Lucky Clover Distress Oxide.

On this tag  added some Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide.

Next I took my Fall Leaves Mini Layering Stencil and used my blending foam applicator and applied Wild Honey Distress Oxide and then added a bit of Vintage Photo Distress Oxide.

Once my tags were completely dry I added some Distress Grit Paste through the Lost & Found Mini Stencil from Set #1.

I let the grit paste dry for a couple of hours before finishing my tags. I added a bit of script stamping with Orange Blossom Archival Ink & tinted some crinkle ribbon with Twisted Citron Distress Oxide.

To complete my tags I chose some paper dolls from Tim Holtz Idea-ology and used Distress Markers to tint them & a phrase from the Chit Chat collection.
My tags were done and ready to be mailed off to their new home and into the hands of some new friends. Everyone loves Happy Mail!
Products used to create this project:






2 comments:

  1. Thank you xxx and thanks for sharing your method xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful tags, Love them!! Thanks for sharing step by step

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!