Wednesday 26 August 2015

An Oldie but a Goodie.....

We all have a few of those stamps bought eons ago for that one special project, then carelessly tossed aside left to gather dust & glitter at the back of a drawer, box or closet. 
Don't deny it...you know you do.

While in the middle of moving & packing up my craft room in Calgary earlier this summer I found a few of those stamps. A cartoon-like seashell? What the.....WHY?! I can't even tell you why I have that, but I do. Did I get rid of it? Of course not, because you just never know.

Then a week ago I had the opportunity to go through some (try 3 milk crates full!) old stamps that Kim Evans, from Emerald Creek Crafts Supplies had in storage. I'm not exactly sure how old these designs are but my guess is Tim Holtz was in diapers when some of these were made. Which makes them vintage and vintage is so in right now.
That's a lot of stamps!


I went through every single stamp and picked out about 50 I thought I could try.

My first project was a birthday card for my hubby who is turning 51 next week - I used 2 different tree stamps and 3 different background block stamps. Pretty simple & straightforward.

Old Stamps.New Techniques.

My next project was a tag and I wanted to combine and old stamp with a new release stamp.
I thought this Three Owls stamp would compliment the Bird Crazy Owl perfectly!

Speaking of old stamps - see that alphabet set in the top right corner?
I bought that at Crafts Canada about a bajillion years ago. I can't remember what I ate for breakfast but I remember where I bought that stamp set. 
Here is the finished tag and I think the quote from Dr. Seuss is perfect.
 Thanks for visiting my blog today! 

~~stay crafty~~

julia


Submitted to:

Emerald Creek Dares - Fall 2015 DT Call

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha, best surprised selfie look ever! Love the owls.........great mix of old and new!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh WOW great use of old stamps and elevating them. Love it and the facey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the inspiration. I dug out an olf steampunk owl stamp the other day and am really pleased with the result. I even did some heat embossing which I haven't done in a while :-) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, what a great tag Julia, the owls and that wonderful Crazy Bird look like they were made for each other! And great card for you hubby, happy birthday to him! I have a few (ahem!) old stamps myself, you've inspired me to knock off the cobwebs and give them an inking up :O) Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!