Thursday 4 May 2017

My Paper Doll Family

Hello & welcome back!

I'm here to share yet another Etc tag. I love these! LOVE!


Here is one I made using the medium size tag -
click on the photo to see more details and close-up photos.


The tag I have to share with you today is using the large Etcetera Tag.
The first thing I did was paint my tag with white gesso then set it aside while I 
worked on my focal point piece.


I started with a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Cabinet Card frame. I carefully opened it up and removed the front frame part from the back.

I used the smoosh technique to add some Distress Oxides ink to the inside of the back piece.
(not shown in photo - I smooshed the front frame into the left over ink to add some splotches to it)

Then used some Distress Ink & the Ornate Layering stencil with the stencil monoprint technique to add some interest over the Distress Oxide.

I added my Paper Doll parents to the background with some foam dots then added the frame
 with 2 layers of foam tape. To finish off the edges of my frame I cut strips off the packaging insert from a layering stencil and adhered them with tacky tape.


The gesso is now dry on the tag so its time to start adding my paint. I chose to use Pomegranate Seed & Black Marble Dylusions Paint for this. First I applied the Pomegranate Seed with a
dry brush. I then applied the black with a brayer. Once the paint was dry I used a sanding
block to distress the edges a bit.

Taking the same Ornate Stencil that I used on my cabinet card frame, I applied the some Picket Fence Distress Ink in a few spots on the tag. I also added some script stamping with black Archival Ink.

My next step was to mix some Distress grit paste with some Peeled Paint Distress Oxide.
I applied this through the Floral Layering Stencil on to the tag. Once the green grit paste dried I decided to add another layer of grit paste in a contrasting colour - this was Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide ink.

I assembled my focal point with my 3D cabinet card frame and various pieces of ephemera from my stash. 

I still wasn't happy with the edge of my cabinet card frame so I added some 
jute twine with a bit of hot glue. 

I used a couple of metal embellishments that I found in stash to cover the hole in the tag.

My finished tag - 

1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness, that background you created is stunning Julia, I just love your colour choices and they set the family and the other ephemera off so beautifully! Love that stencil too, you have inspired me to get it out and use it.... Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!