Wednesday 11 May 2016

Many Thanks!

Ever since the weather turned nice I have had a hard time staying in my craft room.
I just want to be outside enjoying the sun, warm temps. My garden needed some well deserved attention and the patio was screaming for the planters to be filled with flowers.

I did manage to sit down and make a few Thank You cards for my daughter to give to her co-workers
at the lab she is finishing her practicum up at. It felt good to get messy & I may just find myself back in the craft room again today. It is delightfully sunny outside though. ;)

Here is one of the finished cards ~ you'll just have to stick around until the end of this post to see the other three.

I started with my favourite 140lb cold press watercolour paper,
Peacock Feathers Distress Spray & a floral stencil (Sorry, I have no idea what company it is from. Its an oldie but a goodie).

After spraying the stain I gave it a quick 2 spritzes of mist before flipping the stencil over onto a second piece of watercolour paper and rolling my paper towel over it.
I repeated the same technique on 2 more pieces of watercolour paper but used Wilted Violet
Distress Spray & Tim Holtz Gothic Layering Stencil.
I inked the edges of all the cards using the coordinating Distress Inks & my round blending tool
Next I added some random stamping before applying some Dylusion Paint through a stencil with some blending foam.
All that was left to do was to add my sentiment and emboss it with fine detail embossing powders.





3 comments:

  1. Fabulous use of this technique!! Looks like you had fun - and great trio of cards! xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Julia ,fabulous colours and love the stencils you used! I hear you on the outside calling issue, not much creativity happening in my studio but the garden is looking good ! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!