Monday 27 June 2016

Tim Tag Remix - June

Wow! I can't believe June is almost done!
Thankfully, I remembered to get my tag done for Tim's Tag Remix.


This month Tim's tag was created using two techniques from 
~My finished tag~

I didn't have the plain tissue wrap so I used some plain white tissue paper that I had on hand.
I chose a few stamps for my background and stamped them onto the tissue paper with
Black Archival Ink.

Once my tissue paper was ready I used Distress Collage Medium in Vintage tint to apply it to a piece of lightweight watercolour paper. I don't have the new substrate paper so I needed to make sure to use a paper that was thin enough to use with my thinlit die butterflies.

While this layer was drying I began working on my base. Tim uses the Stripe Layering stencil to create a plaid pattern. I decided to use two different layering stencils to create a different effect.

Once my tissue paper layer was dry I used 2 small, thin metals dies to cut out my butterfly images.
I adhered it over my base with Distress Collage Matte Medium then added a bit of stitching around the edge.

I layered my butterfly die cuts then adhered it over a piece of burlap to the lower corner of my tag and added a simple sentiment.


submitted to:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!