Monday 7 November 2016

Let It Snow....Christmas Gift Tag

Tis the season for gift tags! 
I absolutely love designing and making these mini works of art.
This gift tag was attached to a pair of treat filled Christmas socks for a gift exchange party with a great group of friends. Yes, we had a Christmas Party this past weekend and it totally got my in mood for Christmas. 

Here is my finished tag ~

I started by cutting out my tag in kraft cardstock and my blue base from Ranger Distress cardstock.

I started with the blue distress cardstock - I applied embossing ink to one side of my chevron embossing folder & embossed the cardstock. Next I sprinkled Weathered White Antiquities Embossing Powder (Ranger Ink) over the embossed cardstock and tapped off the excess.

Before I heat embossed the powder I rubbed the powder off the raised parts and in various spots around the edge.

I distressed the edges and applied some Walnut Stain Distress Ink to 'dirty' it up a bit.

To create my focal image. I first started by cutting out the Dashing Deer die cut from kraft cardstock.
I used a sponge to apply white acrylic paint to the Halftone background stamp from Stampers Anonymous and laid the die cut down on the stamp.

I laid a piece of copy paper over the die and stamp and gently applied pressure. I love the random pattern it made on the die cut.

I made sure the paint was completely dry before covering the die cut with Gathered Twigs Distress Stain. (Sorry - I forgot to get a photo of this step)

For the tag base I applied Ground Espresso Distress Ink over the entire tag, spritzed some water and made sure to dry it completely with my heat gun.

I took some ephemera pieces from the Festive pack and added some Vintage Distress Collage Medium over all them. When this dried I applied some Crazing Medium as well. 
I applied some Crazing Medium to the die cut word 'SNOW' as well. I just love those tiny cracks!
I finished off my Dashing Deer die cut by adding some lines with my Dylusion Paint Pen. It really helped define the edge. I brown sequin for the deer's nose was perfect for a small bit of bling.

There you have it - my finished tag for a pair of treat filled Christmas socks.









3 comments:

  1. Great ideas and love the step-by-step instructions! Lucky recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! Thank you for all the details!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tags. Will visit your blog. More. Found you on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!